Partner of Green & Schafle
David focuses his practice on representing individuals who have been catastrophically injured by vaccines.
David J. Carney, Esquire has been zealously representing victims that have suffered adverse reactions from the administration of vaccines in the United States Court of Federal Claims in Washington, D.C. since 2010. Through his efforts in the vaccine court, David has successfully obtained many multi-million dollar and six-figure settlements for his clients in all 50 states.
In his career, David has received extensive experience in representing individuals diagnosed with Guillain-Barre Syndrome, chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP), acute disseminated encephalomyelitis (ADEM) transverse myelitis, encephalitis, polymyositis, lupus, optic neuritis, and multiple sclerosis. In addition to routinely obtaining million dollar settlements, David has been consistently successful in prosecuting shoulder injury (SIRVA) cases as a result of improperly administered vaccines. As a trial lawyer, David regularly advocates for his clients in the courtroom and at trial to give each of his clients a voice.
David is an active member in the Vaccine Injured Petitioner’s Bar Association, the organization that advocates for the rights of victims who have been injured as a result of a vaccination. He currently serves as the [Vice President of the Executive Board for the Vaccine Injured Petitioner's Bar Association](https://www.vipbar.org/leadership) where he routinely interacts and meets with the Chief Special Master of the Vaccine Court, and representatives from the Department of Justice and Health and Human Services. In addition to his work as Vice President, David routinely lectures at the vaccine conferences and other legal conferences on vaccine-related topics. In 2017-2018, David served as the Secretary of the Executive Board and has been an active member of the American Association for Justice, the national organization dedicated to creating an equal justice system for injured victims, for several years.
Aside from his steadfast dedication to the VIP Bar and AAJ, David is a member of the Pennsylvania Association for Justice, the Philadelphia Bar Association and the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association. Finally, he is also an author of The Legal Intelligencer’s Pennsylvania Causes of Action, all six editions, which serve as a quick starting point for any case containing Pennsylvania civil actions. The books compile outlines and index theories of recovery under Pennsylvania law and provide defenses and applicable statutes of limitation with tables of authorities.
### Background and Education
David earned his Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science from the Pennsylvania State University while also obtaining a minor in Business Law. David then went on to earn his law degree from Widener University School of Law, now the Delaware Law School, where he was a recipient of the Widener Scholar scholarship. While in law school, David was a member of The Widener Law Review for two years and served on the editorial board during his third year. He currently serves as a mentor in the Widener Law Mentoring Program, where he mentors current law students regarding law school and the role of lawyers and judges in the profession.
Prior to joining private practice, David served as a judicial law clerk intern to the Honorable Allan L. Tereshko in the First Judicial District in the Philadelphia County Court of Common Pleas, Civil Trial Division.
### Legal Community Involvement
- Vaccine Injured Petitioners (VIP) Bar Association 2018 – Present - [Vice President of Executive Board](https://www.vipbar.org/leadership)
- Vaccine Injured Petitioners (VIP) Bar Association 2017 – 2018
Secretary of Executive Board
- American Association for Justice (AAJ) 2010 – Present
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice (PAJ) 2010 – Present
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association (PTLA) 2010 – Present
- Widener University, Delaware Law School – Mentor 2014 – Present
- Mentors first year students at the law school to help them navigate through their first year, discuss career options, and general law practice advice
Successfully mentored eight students in the last four years
- Trial Preparation Tactics, VIP Bar Association Conference, May 2017
- Using Day in the Life Videos in Vaccine Cases, VIP Bar Association Conference, June 2018
- Emerging Issues in the Vaccine Program, VIP Bar Association Conference, November 2018
- Vaccine Session Judicial Panel, U.S. Court of Federal Claims Annual Conference, November 2018
- Vaccine Litigation, Litigation at Sunrise, American Association for Justice Conference, Montreal 2015
- Amendments to the Vaccine Injury Table, Litigation at Sunrise, American Association for Justice Conference, Maui 2018
- Issues in the Vaccine Program, VIP Bar Association Conference, November 2019
- Combatting HHS’s Removal of SIRVA from the Vaccine Program, VIP Bar Association Conference, October 2021
### Authored Publications/Articles
- The Legal Intelligencer’s Pennsylvania Causes of Action – All 6 editions
- The Ins and Outs of Vaccine Cases in AAJ’s Trial Magazine – Summer 2015
- Vaccine Injuries—Protect Yourself Against Blown Statute of Limitations, The Legal Intelligencer, Dec. 8, 2016
- New Rule Change Makes Vaccine Court More Petitioner Friendly, The Legal Intelligencer, Nov. 9, 2017
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars ® 2015 – present
- National Trial Lawyers 40 Under 40 2015
### Bar Admissions
- New Jersey
- United States Court of Federal Claims (vaccine cases)
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
Contact David Carney: 215-462-3330 email@example.com
SHARE THIS PAGE: