Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Personal Injury & Vaccine Injury Lawyers > Philadelphia Truck Accident Lawyer

Philadelphia Truck Accident Lawyers

If you or a loved one has been injured in a large truck or tractor-trailer accident and another party is at fault, with the help of a personal injury attorney you may be able to recover significant monetary awards for property damage, medical treatment costs, loss of income, and pain and suffering.

According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, every year more than 300,000 large trucks (gross weight rating over 10,000 pounds) are involved in traffic crashes. Tragically, around 4,000 people will be killed in those truck accidents, and over 100,000 others will be injured.  Our Philadelphia truck accident lawyers can get you compensation if you were injured.

Although the first vehicle most of us think of when we hear large truck is probably a tractor-trailer or “eighteen-wheeler,” large trucks run the gamut from dump trucks, delivery trucks, garbage trucks, cement trucks, tow trucks, armored vehicles, and logging trucks. In fact, for all the harrowing accounts we hear on the news of traffic accidents involving overturned tractor-trailers, dump trucks actually cause the most fatalities per mile driven.

Truck Accidents Hurt Other Drivers More Often

Every year, 300,000 large trucks are involved in traffic crashes.

Of the around 4,000 people that will be killed this year in truck accidents, only 25% of those victims will be the occupants of the trucks. That means the other 75% of fatalities in truck accidents are the drivers of other motor vehicles and pedestrians. This frightening statistic is largely due to size. At over 10,000 pounds, large trucks like tractor-trailers and dump trucks are often several times the size and weight of ordinary motor vehicles, so when they collide with a car or even an SUV, the result is hardly ever just a fender-bender. Generally, the smaller vehicle will bear the brunt of some very major damages– and so will its occupants.

Victims of serious truck traffic accidents hardly ever walk away. The typical truck accident victim will require emergency hospitalization followed by ongoing medical treatment and often months or even years of intense therapy and rehabilitation. But that’s just the beginning of the struggle accident victims will face. With emergency medical care comes enormous healthcare bills. With serious physical injury comes time off from work, or possibly permanent disability.

Who’s going to pay for all that? How will you support your family while you recover?

Truck Accident Roads to Recovery

While accidents victims focus on recovering physically, an experienced truck accident attorney will work with victims to recover financially. Truck accident cases can be different from auto accident cases. On the whole, because of the greater force and impact involved in large truck collisions, truck accident victims will suffer more severe injuries than car crash victims. And while truck accident victims may be able to collect from the negligent party’s insurance provider and/or pursue personal injury litigation against the truck driver, in many cases the trucks will be owned and operated by contractors, companies, and corporations, who may also be liable. For example, cargo or hazardous materials which contributed to the accident may not have been secured or contained properly. In such instances, an experienced attorney, by identifying any and all culpable parties involved in your claim, can help maximize recovery and ensure that the damage and loss you suffered is restored to you.

Truck Accident Lawyers

The large truck accident lawyers at Green & Schafle understand how traumatic and costly a truck crash can be. There’s the damage to your own vehicle, medical treatment costs, loss of employment, pain and suffering… We want to help. You can count on us to use our skills and experience to advocate for you and seek maximum recovery of your damages.

If you or anyone you know has been the victim of a truck accident, please contact our attorneys immediately for a free consultation toll-free at 215-462-3330 or online.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn